Sunday 9 August 2009

Umar Akmal is delighted after reaching his maiden hundred

Umar Akmal is delighted after reaching his maiden hundred, Sri Lanka v Pakistan, 4th ODI, R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, Umar Akmal, who destroyed Sri Lanka with a magnificent maiden one-day international century in the fourth ODI at the Premadasa Stadium, has said that he had learned to tackle pressure from his elder brother Kamran Akmal, also a free-scoring batsman. Umar walked in with his team at 130 for 4 in the 26th over and went on to add a crucial 176 with his captain Younis Khan to raise his team's total to 321. The hosts were bowled out for 175, handing Pakistan their first win on tour. Pakistan trail the five-match series 3-1 with the final game on Sunday. "I've learnt a lot from my brother on how to tackle pressure. When the team needed runs I knew how to play according to the situation," Umar said after his blazing unbeaten 102 off 72 balls that comprised four sixes and five fours. "I am thankful to the team management for selecting me and placing faith in my ability. The captain, coach and senior members helped me." Umar, 19, impressed with a typically aggressive fifty in the third ODI in Dambulla and the twin knocks have impressed his coach, Intikhab Alam.


For further details visit as: http://www.cricinfo.com/slvpak2009/content/current/story/418415.html

No comments: